Moderator and Organizer: Gene Landy, Chair of the Technology Business Group at the law firm of Ruberto, Israel & Weiner PC and the author of The IT/Digital Legal Companion, an entrepreneur's guide to digital technology and media law published in June 2008
- Brett Martin, Director, AppFund, Early stage NY-based VC firm specializing in iPhone, iPod and iPad App investments
- Gregory Raiz, Founder, Raizlabs Corporation, iPhone, iPad Development Company with two new iPad Apps
- Brad Rosen, CEO, Drync, New iPad/iPhone Sheet Music App for Musicians and IFooty, international football App.
- Aaron White, CTO, DoInk, iPad and Web Apps for painting and drawing
Who Should Attend: App developers/designers. Technologists, VCs and marketing professionals who focus on emerging technology.
What does it take to build a business on iPad Apps? How can companies of all kinds take advantage of this new platform opportunity? Join us for this special MITX event; we've invited a panel of experts with first hand iPad App experience, including three entrepreneurs and an App-focused venture fund, to explain the strategies that work and those that don't. The topics for discussion include:
- What has been the entrepreneurs' experience to date with the iPad?
- Will this device change the way that people interact with computing devices? Is this the beginning of a new tablet era in personal computing? Or is this one device too many?
- What new opportunities does the iPad provide for entrepreneurs? For brand owners?
- What it is possible to create for the iPad App that cannot be done on the iPhone platform?
- How do you make money with iPad? What are the business models? Can you build sustainable businesses in the iPad space?
- What is the best pricing strategy for iPad Apps? Is it different from iPhones?
- What's it like playing within Apple's "walled garden." How does Apple deal with iPad App entrepreneurs? What is the business deal with Apple for selling iPad Apps?
- What is the significance of the new iPhone OS? What about the new Apple restrictions requiring use only of iPhone development tools?
- Are more tablet computers coming? Will they be game changers too?
- What is the market for getting investment in iPad/iPhone technologies? Can entrepreneurs raise money? Do they need it?
Click here to read our Registration Policy